View Single Post
Old 06-02-2020, 09:59 AM   #381 (permalink)
gbrettin
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Tricycle
gbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty View Post
Give you a little tip. When welding that many joints. You will lose some length as the joints get pulled together from welding. What you want to do. Weld everything up, but for one joint. Made that last cut a little longer. Then you can trim to fit, and then finish welding. The a mount of shrinkage you have depends on welder skill, amount of heat used, and amount of filler rod used.
Awesome input buddy! Even though I'm not doing the welding, I still really like to know all this and I appreciate you sharing. I'll talk to him about all those points.

There will be three vbands on each side. It will be a massive pain in the A$$ if I don't have three. Also, that should allow a bit of play for angles. First vband will be on the exhaust manifold, second will be near the frame and last one will be at the turbo.

I'm shocked at my progress on my own car! Weird to say... but I only imagined doing stuff like this.... Albeiet I'm not the best at it... but hey, that doesn't matter (if it ends up working. lol).
gbrettin is online now   Reply With Quote