View Single Post
Old 06-01-2020, 03:12 PM   #378 (permalink)
gbrettin
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Tricycle
gbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond repute

IG @ gbrettin
Used all my pies and I need more! The metal stand was inspired by Ironman.

Hot side is going to 90 down near the header side. Near the turbo I'm going to try snaking back towards the frame. I'll try joining the two with a straight pipe that parallels close to the frame.

---------------------------

Some additional thoughts from IG... A new blade was put on the harbor freight band saw, it still sucks. lol . The pies are cut at 9 degrees and then cleaned up. I grind off the burrs with a grinding wheel, sand the pie flat with a 80 grit sander and use a air grinder inside. For the love of god, anyone doing this... wear safety equipment or you will get a metal burr in your eye. No I haven't gotten a burr in my eye but I have a healthy fear of it happening.

At this rate, the hot and cold side should be ready for welds in a couple weeks. Not bad eh? On the off chance my buddy is busy and can't hit the welds (which they have been a lot) I checked with a local welding shop to do the TIG welds for the hot side. I only showed them the pie cuts that lead up to the header for both the passenger and drivers side. I was expecting a quote of something like 300 dollars for both.... nope, they literally said 20 dollars. I probably need to go in person and show them but I was very clear with them on the phone stating I want show quality TIG welds on many pie cuts. ... so yeah, really confused. BUT if it's 20 bucks AND they do great work... I shouldn't hold my breath.

So yeah. Progress.

Oh, on a different note... I've been considering going full race car digital dash and ripping out all the wiring on the car to keep life simple. I'd need to run one of these:

Leash Electronics Street/Strip

I really like the OE cluster so I'm going to give that a go first. The less work I need to do at this point... the better. Like I said, just toying with the idea, not at all set in stone.

gbrettin is offline   Reply With Quote