View Single Post
Old 06-01-2020, 12:28 PM   #1801 (permalink)
babyzilla
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 15 Nismo Tech 6MT
babyzilla has a reputation beyond reputebabyzilla has a reputation beyond reputebabyzilla has a reputation beyond reputebabyzilla has a reputation beyond reputebabyzilla has a reputation beyond reputebabyzilla has a reputation beyond reputebabyzilla has a reputation beyond reputebabyzilla has a reputation beyond reputebabyzilla has a reputation beyond reputebabyzilla has a reputation beyond reputebabyzilla has a reputation beyond repute

Small update for you guys:

The car is in the shop right now. Pure Automotive Performance in MD. Fun fact the owner is whipping around a lime green C8 lol. Can't speak for their work just yet, but I have some co workers who take their cars there and vouch for their service. I can, however, vouch for their customer relationship. I asked the owner to call me when they dropped the tranny and he was happy to answer all my questions.
He said the underneath of my car looked brand new and that he's seen some Zs that look like they've been living under the sea lol. He also mentioned he isn't a fan of the Zs OEM clutch and flywheel assembly (due to being a multi-component part) and the one from zspeed, along with the CMAK, are great upgrades. He didn't notice any unusual wear of the CSC or clutch itself which I thought was interesting. He did, however, say my clutch fluid was dirty AF and somewhat watery, but was not leaking - again, interesting. He said once everything is installed he will bleed everything out, use DOT 4 fluid for the clutch/brake, and top off the rest of the fluids. Seems promising for far.

Man, can't believe it's June 1st already...
babyzilla is offline   Reply With Quote