View Single Post
Old 05-31-2020, 11:10 PM   #30 (permalink)
Memphis370Z
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: '09 MB
Memphis370Z has a reputation beyond reputeMemphis370Z has a reputation beyond reputeMemphis370Z has a reputation beyond reputeMemphis370Z has a reputation beyond reputeMemphis370Z has a reputation beyond reputeMemphis370Z has a reputation beyond reputeMemphis370Z has a reputation beyond reputeMemphis370Z has a reputation beyond reputeMemphis370Z has a reputation beyond reputeMemphis370Z has a reputation beyond reputeMemphis370Z has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyzilla View Post
Just posted it as an attachment in a previous response! Totally agree with your comment regarding the contract is her way to charge whatever she wants. I'm truly curious who her client base is. There's no way she's charging rates like this to everyone and getting away with it and I'm the only f***er complaining.
Thanks for posting the attachment. She was nickel-and-diming you, in my opinion. That said, you did get the bill down, so that's a win. I'd imagine you shouldn't have any trouble finding a CPA to prepare your returns next year for a lot less.

One other thing - I'm big in to relationships and always suggest that my clients interview three or four (or more) CPAs to find just the right one. It's worth investing your time to do this and, if a CPA isn't willing to have a 30-60 minute conversation during their off season, they're the wrong one anyway and you can easily weed them out. The goal is to find a CPA whom you trust, enjoy their personality, has a great support staff, and that actually asks YOU questions. You don't want an order taker. Think of your CPA as a member of your household's Board of Directors, which also includes a good attorney, a good financial adviser, and even a good doctor. All of these should be experts, add value to your life, and be there to shepherd you and your family when making some of life's biggest decisions.

Lastly, a good CPA shows their real value for any work they do for you other than preparing and filing your returns. That, quite frankly, is the easiest part of their job.

Sorry for my ramblings, but thanks for reading.
Memphis370Z is offline   Reply With Quote