View Single Post
Old 05-31-2020, 07:38 PM   #28 (permalink)
cv129
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 09 Nismo, 16 Nismo
cv129 has a reputation beyond reputecv129 has a reputation beyond reputecv129 has a reputation beyond reputecv129 has a reputation beyond reputecv129 has a reputation beyond reputecv129 has a reputation beyond reputecv129 has a reputation beyond reputecv129 has a reputation beyond reputecv129 has a reputation beyond reputecv129 has a reputation beyond reputecv129 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyzilla View Post
This is good to know - thank you.
Yes, she asked to see our 2018 returns, but she did not amend anything, at least not that I'm aware of. The only reason why I wanted to complete the service with her is because I wanted to finish in a professional manner and I wasn't sure what she was/is capable of. Life lesson learned for sure. Last thing I need is the IRS after me.
Her first detailed invoice was basically "2019 tax return" and cost of $950 LOL so I asked for a more detailed one and this what she provided:
Ah I see. I am in Texas and no state income tax. I am unsure what typical additional costs are for state tax filing.

I highly suggest for you to consult another local CPA on approximate pricing. Or, go to a CPA forum and provide the same details, should receive honest opinions there.

The “Married filing separately” caught my eyes. Although one is still entering the same amount of info into the system, it may be possible that she is charging your and your wife returns full price for each, as if it’s for two separate person.

$400 for the joint federal is higher than I’ve seen tho....based on what you’ve said