View Single Post
Old 05-31-2020, 07:01 PM   #26 (permalink)
babyzilla
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 15 Nismo Tech 6MT
babyzilla has a reputation beyond reputebabyzilla has a reputation beyond reputebabyzilla has a reputation beyond reputebabyzilla has a reputation beyond reputebabyzilla has a reputation beyond reputebabyzilla has a reputation beyond reputebabyzilla has a reputation beyond reputebabyzilla has a reputation beyond reputebabyzilla has a reputation beyond reputebabyzilla has a reputation beyond reputebabyzilla has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by cv129 View Post
One way to get a quick idea on amount of work done is to see the forms that needed to be filed. However, assuming you’ve accurately summarize your 2019 info, I don’t see a $950 amount of work.

The only thing that hasn’t been asked is, did this CPA ask for your prior years’ returns? Did she file amended returns for your previous DIY ones? Highly unlikely I would think.

If she gives a detail breakdown, please post it, would love to see the reasoning.

FYI, you are entitled to get your paper work back without paying a cent. And the engagement letter doesn’t handcuff you to fraudulent charges.
This is good to know - thank you.
Yes, she asked to see our 2018 returns, but she did not amend anything, at least not that I'm aware of. The only reason why I wanted to complete the service with her is because I wanted to finish in a professional manner and I wasn't sure what she was/is capable of. Life lesson learned for sure. Last thing I need is the IRS after me.
Her first detailed invoice was basically "2019 tax return" and cost of $950 LOL so I asked for a more detailed one and this what she provided:
Attached Images
File Type: png Capture123.PNG (68.5 KB, 12 views)
babyzilla is offline   Reply With Quote