Thread: Looting...
View Single Post
Old 05-31-2020, 11:14 AM   #45 (permalink)
Zoren 370
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 11 Nissan 370 M6
Zoren 370 has a reputation beyond reputeZoren 370 has a reputation beyond reputeZoren 370 has a reputation beyond reputeZoren 370 has a reputation beyond reputeZoren 370 has a reputation beyond reputeZoren 370 has a reputation beyond reputeZoren 370 has a reputation beyond reputeZoren 370 has a reputation beyond reputeZoren 370 has a reputation beyond reputeZoren 370 has a reputation beyond reputeZoren 370 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthArk370Z View Post
It's wasn't all bad. I thoroughly enjoyed the 70s - a time when even an ugly guy such as myself could get laid. And we didn't have to worry about AIDS - a shot of penicillin was all you needed. I wrote my first "Hello World" program. First "serious" girlfriend, first car, hair down to my waist, first joint, etc, etc.

But it wasn't all good either. Heroin was running rampant and I lost several ppl I cared about to The Needle. Others lost their lives in Viet Nam (or came back really farked up, physically and/or mentally). While great strides had been made on the Civil Rights front, minorities were still very much discriminated against (I can remember seeing "White Only" and "Colored Entrance" signs). No personal computers, no Intertubes. And the list goes on.

Today has it's good points and it has it's bad points - just like every other generation down through the ages.

Edit: Thanks to those who have participated in this thread for keeping to Sociology and not wandering into Politics. And for keeping the conversation civil. On many other sites, this convo would have gone downhill fast.

In a nutshell its never gonna be a perfect world!

But we have the power on our hands to make our world worth living and better.

Its just some people choose otherwise.

The world has bleed so much because of our inequities and stubbornness.

The day of retribution is coming!

Poor, rich, healthy, sick , young and old., white, black, brown, yellow will be judged! There is no escape...if you know what I’m saying.

No politics no religion!

It was written so it should be done!
Zoren 370 is offline   Reply With Quote