View Single Post
Old 05-30-2020, 12:39 PM   #11 (permalink)
MZ DAIZY
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Miss Daisy
MZ DAIZY has a reputation beyond reputeMZ DAIZY has a reputation beyond reputeMZ DAIZY has a reputation beyond reputeMZ DAIZY has a reputation beyond reputeMZ DAIZY has a reputation beyond reputeMZ DAIZY has a reputation beyond reputeMZ DAIZY has a reputation beyond reputeMZ DAIZY has a reputation beyond reputeMZ DAIZY has a reputation beyond reputeMZ DAIZY has a reputation beyond reputeMZ DAIZY has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyzilla View Post
I'm confused and lost AF right now and could use some feedback. Straight to the point: my tax lady just invoiced me $950 to file our taxes...this is nuts and I'm livid.

In my early 20s I would file with my parents. Mid 20s I filed myself using Turbotax. When I got married last year, I decided to use a CPA because I didn't want to mess anything up. Our (wife and I) financial portfolio is very straight forward...I'll leave it at that, trust me. Honestly, I've never heard of anyone paying over $300 for preparing taxes and we're just average middle-class citizens. Am I missing something? I emailed her back saying she must have made a mistake. This is my first time using her and definitely last. I even asked her, on average, how much it would be to file our taxes. She told us anywhere between $150 to thousands depending on assets and whatnot. Trust me, I'm no Warren Buffet. I provided her all our information, in an extremely organized manner, early this year way before the global pandemic and she just got back to me tonight saying our taxes are done and invoiced us the $950. I refuse to pay this, but I'm willing to amicably resolve this with her. Please help and/or provide suggestions. Can I back out of this and re-prepare my taxes with someone else??

THANK YOU.
Ummm... yea... did you at least get a reach around? Seriously, I’ve never paid more than $150 from my CPA, and that’s with filing jointly, self employed, with 3 IRA’s, Stock holdings, capital gains and dependents.