View Single Post
Old 05-28-2020, 03:54 PM   #5104 (permalink)
Spooler
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2013 Nismo 370z
Spooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1/4atatime View Post
Question is will it live up to the legacy and modding potential of the 370z the VQ is monster motor that can take some serious HP. To get close to what a normal built turbo charged 370z makes your over six figures (the AMS red alpha q60 making 800hp cost almost $105k) most Z's can be made to make that power for under $70k especially now with boosted performance v band clamp twin turbo setup turn key for under $10k. Look I'm excited they are making a new Z it's a long time coming I just have reservations about price and reliability (lots of people with blown vr30 motors). The other thing I am worried about is they make it too technology advanced and cripple the car. I drove a q60 and it absolutely sucks there is no soul in that car. The drive by wire, terrible automatic (thank goodness this will have a manual) and awful exhaust along with terrible soft boring suspension.
To be honest, there are no reliable 800hp 370z's yet. It is not a matter of If they are going to blow a headgasket, it is a matter of when. The ones that are on stock blocks are ticking time bombs.
Spooler is offline   Reply With Quote