View Single Post
Old 05-28-2020, 08:35 AM   #5 (permalink)
babyzilla
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 15 Nismo Tech 6MT
babyzilla has a reputation beyond reputebabyzilla has a reputation beyond reputebabyzilla has a reputation beyond reputebabyzilla has a reputation beyond reputebabyzilla has a reputation beyond reputebabyzilla has a reputation beyond reputebabyzilla has a reputation beyond reputebabyzilla has a reputation beyond reputebabyzilla has a reputation beyond reputebabyzilla has a reputation beyond reputebabyzilla has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JARblue View Post
That seems outrageous to me. And my ex was a CPA and got certified with the IRS as a paid tax preparer for a side business where she filed taxes for personal friends and acquaintances. I know what goes into them even when a business is involved - it's not rocket science. Typically she charged $75-150 for a tax return and spent maybe an hour or two on the entire process.

Currently, my accountant bills $300 for my taxes, although they never charge me. I perform basic IT services for them in exchange.
I can't recall 100%, but I vaguely remember signing something with her basically saying we will pay her what she charges at the end of her services. Or maybe I just made that up in my head. Either way, I definitely ****** up, but I think it's partly because I was expecting to pay up to $300...not $950. That being said, if I really did sign something like that, she could technically charge me $10k - what's to stop her? There's has to be some sort of reasonable amount for this. I really rather settle with her and pay no more than $500 to get out of this mess with her...that's best case. I rather not take legal action because that would probably just end up financially worse for me. Is there any other way to get out of this?
babyzilla is offline   Reply With Quote