View Single Post
Old 05-28-2020, 08:31 AM   #5058 (permalink)
RicerX
Track Member

Drives: To the Pizza joint.
RicerX has a reputation beyond reputeRicerX has a reputation beyond reputeRicerX has a reputation beyond reputeRicerX has a reputation beyond reputeRicerX has a reputation beyond reputeRicerX has a reputation beyond reputeRicerX has a reputation beyond reputeRicerX has a reputation beyond reputeRicerX has a reputation beyond reputeRicerX has a reputation beyond reputeRicerX has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JARblue View Post
It's a Z34 with a Q motor. Nice idea; too bad they're like 5 years late on the execution. I'll hold off any judgement until I see how well it handles the heat. Based on the cooling in the N/A Z34, I'm guessing not well

Call me when the Z35 is announced
I honestly think Infiniti's partnership with AMS on the Q Red Sport cars was absolutely strategic. If you follow what's available for that car from cooling enhancements, I can almost guarantee the lessons learned there will be applied to this car.

RE: the GT-R, if you watch the teaser video, there's a giant gap in the middle of the fleet of Nissans... I'm wagering that if the Z was the "flagship" they would have stashed it in the middle. I think we'll just have a longer waiting game to see what happens with godzilla.

I'm cautiously optimistic on this. For now, let's take this as a win in that the next Z isn't based on the GripZ concept and we haven't taken a turn into crossover-ville.