View Single Post
Old 05-27-2020, 03:03 PM   #4 (permalink)
HisStigness
Base Member

Drives: 10 370Z Sport 6MT
HisStigness is on a distinguished road

To follow up, the one thing I have noticed is when my fuel gauge reads low like 1 dot left, the gas station pump only put in 16.5 gallons instead of the 18ish gallons it would put in when the gauge went that low on the stock setup. I was trying to get my tank low so I could do a full switch from 91 to E85. Eugene spoke to another person who has the Radium kit and he said he encountered the same thing.

I don't necessarily think of this as a problem, it's kinda nice to know now that when the fuel range goes to "----" there's actually a couple gallons of reserve left, whereas before if the gauge was that low, the tank was actually that low (I never liked how little amount of fuel needed to be in the tank for the low fuel light to activate). I called Radium to discuss it and they hadn't heard of it before, but their best guess is that since the system is now attempting to throw all of the fuel to the drivers side of the tank all of the time, the reading on that secondary sensor is higher compared to the sender on the passenger side, and as a result as the tank gets low it makes the fuel gauge read low.

I have to get my tank down to one dot on the gauge again and confirm that this is a consistent thing and then I'll report back. This might be something that can be adjusted in Ecutek for the voltage readings too.
HisStigness is offline   Reply With Quote