View Single Post
Old 05-27-2020, 02:22 PM   #15 (permalink)
OptionZero
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 15 370Z Nismo 6MT
OptionZero has a reputation beyond reputeOptionZero has a reputation beyond reputeOptionZero has a reputation beyond reputeOptionZero has a reputation beyond reputeOptionZero has a reputation beyond reputeOptionZero has a reputation beyond reputeOptionZero has a reputation beyond reputeOptionZero has a reputation beyond reputeOptionZero has a reputation beyond reputeOptionZero has a reputation beyond reputeOptionZero has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Nismo#91 View Post
The dust boots don't hold up to temperatures that track use gets them. I replace them yearly, but I'm sure they go bad after a few sessions. I have only had them taken completely apart once and they were in need of a good cleaning.
when i was reading about the Brembo GT and various other high level race calipers, that was a surprising thing i learned. At the high end, you don't even run a boot bc it's just gonna get burned up under that heat of repeated use. They get maintained after races anyways

for street cars, you can't expect to take the damn thing apart and clean it so you need boots

always the compromise for speed vs street