View Single Post
Old 05-24-2020, 11:18 PM   #34 (permalink)
gshort24
Base Member

Drives: 2009 370Z
gshort24 is on a distinguished road

I have nothing but time on my hands these days, and was worried about ruining my plastic trim with holes in the wrong place. I trimmed down a 2mm wrench to insert into the adjustment screw at the top of the shock so it would just touch the bottom of the plastic trim when the trim is in place so I could push down and make a mark on the bottom of the plastic trim piece where the top of the wrench hit the plastic. I have kw v3, and a 41mm long 2mm wrench worked out. Scratched the plastic trim up when trial and error test fitting the trim to get the length of the wrench right. You can use some tape to protect the inside of the panel from getting scratched up during test fittings. I had alot of scratches after test fittings so used a liquid chalk marker or you can use white out etc to help identify where the wrench is touching the plastic and where to drill. 1/8 holes did the trick. With measurements taken similar to the other members on this thread, my holes ended up being exactly 2 3/4 x 2 3/4. The 1/8 holes were pretty small and not very noticeable, but I ended up drilling the holes out to 3/16 so some hole caps I found at Lowes would fit (home depot doesn’t have them). I trimmed a little off the hole plug so it wouldn’t lock in place, and would be easy to remove.

Last edited by gshort24; 05-24-2020 at 11:27 PM.
gshort24 is offline   Reply With Quote