View Single Post
Old 05-19-2020, 09:46 PM   #7 (permalink)
Girald
Base Member

Drives: 15' 370z SpTech 6MT
Girald has a reputation beyond reputeGirald has a reputation beyond reputeGirald has a reputation beyond reputeGirald has a reputation beyond reputeGirald has a reputation beyond reputeGirald has a reputation beyond reputeGirald has a reputation beyond reputeGirald has a reputation beyond reputeGirald has a reputation beyond reputeGirald has a reputation beyond reputeGirald has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthStyle View Post
Hope this helps
Yeah, thanks for that write up..

Im glad that the V2 is out. I suppose it will make life easier, though i prob envy you since the V1 might offer a bit more of an anti theft deterrent. I garage the car, but its not always in the garage.

Im not sure about what will happen with the bose system... i really need to crack open the FSM to see how its harnessed and amped if not just in the head unit. Ill start playing once the braniac deal shows up...so, thanks for the heads up on all of that... I used to be a sound reinforcement engineer for concerts and a light tech for 6 years, so this should be right up my alley. Another fun project

I did do a bit of research on the other items i need...

the back up cam....
I do have the sport tech - so i have a hard wired back up cam... Now i just need to see how the cam activates/deactivates from the OE navi unit. im guessing ill find the reverse signal on one of the harness pins - Otherwise, ill have to pull from the reverse lamp and get a 5v stepdown..

For the cam, it looks like i will need the easycap usb DVR to analog device... I actually found a model in amazon with a review from someone who did this operation on their car... Also,that dude used an app called USB camera and described how he used a usb extension from the easy cap to the usb hub , spliced out the red power wire and used that as a power toggle to activate the app and thus the camera when in reverse..

Ive seen similar deals on youtube... Im going to bench test the idea myself with some spare av equipment i have lying around this week.

The steering wheel control:
I did see that, and I see there are a few models for resistivity controls. I want to contact the makers if possible to see if the 1/2 price versions for resistivity controls only would suffice (the JOycon EXR)

FM radio ( and FTA TV for that matter):
I bought an FM receiver for USB that ill be testing when it comes in.. After using "nextradio" app in the past on my phone, im definitely going to want that for the tab. I can run sling TV all day, but it would be nice to pick up FTA TV also for morning news, etc.

Hands free phone:
My only beta solution here is to buy a cheap hands free device with a talk button and a 3.5mm (then fitted to RCA and out to the amps on a splitter), pull the plastic apart to expose the circuit board, solder in the steering control for phone pick up... if that tests well, ill hide it in the headliner or somewhere where the mic will work, and call it good..

Most of the testing should happen by the weekend... but I wont give a final result until its all in the car.

The FAB...
im all about paint these days. Knowing the color now, is more than 1/2 the battle.. I spent a week straight sanding and clearing a fly1 hood that was supposed to be fiberglass but turns out it was hex CF underneath. (a reject because of some bubbles in curing) Since the virus thing is happening I couldn't paint it, so what the hell, lets expose the CF for a while. It looks good