Thread: P0183
View Single Post
Old 05-18-2020, 12:44 PM   #3 (permalink)
Ghostvette
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 15 Magma Red 6MT
Ghostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost_92TSi View Post
I am getting this diag code for the Fuel temperature Sensor High. (P0183)

I had a few questions as I look at diagrams. It looks like the fuel level is on the driver side and I know the pump is on the passenger side. Is the fuel temp with the sender on the driver side. I know some pics are universal but it looks like there is a level unit on both sides??

Some history on the problem:

On Thursday evening I did the deadly sweeping right turn with about 2.5 gallons of fuel. Car sputtered and died. I tried starting again and it would kind sputter and run rough. I pushed the car a block to my house and put in a gallon of fuel.

The car started up fine. I took it and filled it up. 14 gallons. (so I know there was some in there). I drove it before and after work and at lunch on Friday. And back and forth to work on Saturday. (I did my transmission service, drain and fill). (I work at a Chevy Dealership).

Sunday morning when I got into the car is when I had the light on. Runs as normal. I clear it and it comes back after the next start up. I put 100 miles since the last fill up so I decided to fill it up again and see if it made a difference (4 gallons) Light still came on.

I was going to pull out the two units and check the condition of them and try to locate which side the temp sensor is on. I hope to just change that but I know Nissan probably sells it as a full unit. If anyone can save me some time or had this issue on which side needs to be replaced. Thank you!
The temp sensor is integrated with the fuel level sensor. One of the members that's doing an LS swap posted a picture showing the temp sensor and the fuel level sensor wiper contacts.