View Single Post
Old 05-11-2020, 01:41 PM   #361 (permalink)
gbrettin
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Tricycle
gbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond repute

IG@gbrettin:
White spots are low spots. Edges are cleaning up finally. I'd fill in the low spots today but there's a certain Mother of Cats I need to spoil today. ��

----------------------------------

Ok, yesterday I feel like the mould really took a turn for the better. Nearly all the problem areas have been knocked out in the main part of the mould and the edges have cleaned up well. Even better, the back corner AND the front of the mould built up properly. As I said previously (at least I think I did), normally people in their right mind would never fix a mould this f*cked up. 3.5 - 4hrs went into block hand sanding that atrocity.

Tonight I'm going back out at filling in a few remaining low spots on the mould and then I can knock those high spots down in one more night of block sanding fun. ... "fun" ... heh

Ok, I'm sure you are thinking, "that's all fine and well... but what about the corners?" I'm glad you asked!

The hood is going to be placed back into the mould (with release agent around the edges). Then 6 or so bar clamps will be used to lock in the hood. After that I will build up the edges with tooling gel, fiberglass and then more tooling gel. All the corners should be well defined after that. THEN I will be on to fine sanding, all the way up to 1500.

Probably a few more weeks at this rate before I get to lay some carbon/kevlar. Which reminds me... I need to make/buy a resin catch and a scale to weigh the carbon (needed to get the correct amount of epoxy).

On a side note... I've decided to run an accusump on my engine. I'd prefer to have a full scale dry sump but can't really justify that expense. Accusump seems like a good compromise.

gbrettin is offline   Reply With Quote