View Single Post
Old 05-11-2020, 11:28 AM   #1 (permalink)
KingZTX
Base Member

Drives: Slow, homie
KingZTX has a reputation beyond reputeKingZTX has a reputation beyond reputeKingZTX has a reputation beyond reputeKingZTX has a reputation beyond reputeKingZTX has a reputation beyond reputeKingZTX has a reputation beyond reputeKingZTX has a reputation beyond reputeKingZTX has a reputation beyond reputeKingZTX has a reputation beyond reputeKingZTX has a reputation beyond reputeKingZTX has a reputation beyond repute
Default Oil plug came loose...

Hey all.

A couple of days ago I performed an oil change with another Z friend of mine. Since we did it together, we were both doing different things--tightening and untightening bolts while the other drained oil, etc. We were going too fast and didn't communicate with each other what we had finished. Lesson learned.

Long story short, ~15 miles after the oil change, my oil plug came loose because each of us were under the impression that the other person had tightened the bolt.

For about 1/4 of a mile, I was dropping oil on the road in my neighborhood. Not until I smelled the issue and saw smoke billowing out of my car did I notice something was wrong.

I pulled over in front of a neighbors house immediately and cut the engine. We jacked up the car right there and put in a new plug with new oil.

The chassis of my car was covered in the sh*t, and there was oil on my cats under the heat shield. No CEL though.

I took my ZSpeed shroud off from under the car. A couple of times I have warmed up the car and then brought it through a car wash that washes the underbody of the car. The chassis is still stained, but the oil seems to be gone. The cats smoked after the first day, but after running it and cleaning it the second day they were no longer smoking. I don't seem to have any drivability issues.

Should I be worried about anything else right now? Any internals that might be damaged that wouldnt throw a CEL? Or could throw a CEL eventually?

JAR recommended Blackstone Labs for oil analysis after about 1000mi to see if everything is running smoothly. I will definitely look into that.

Let me know what you guys think. Thank you!