View Single Post
Old 05-10-2020, 11:16 PM   #14 (permalink)
Girald
Base Member

Drives: 15' 370z SpTech 6MT
Girald has a reputation beyond reputeGirald has a reputation beyond reputeGirald has a reputation beyond reputeGirald has a reputation beyond reputeGirald has a reputation beyond reputeGirald has a reputation beyond reputeGirald has a reputation beyond reputeGirald has a reputation beyond reputeGirald has a reputation beyond reputeGirald has a reputation beyond reputeGirald has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spooler View Post
A couple here recently. I have given up trying to help. Waste of energy.
Well to be fair, in my case anyways...

My parts list came out good for my project goals. The only thing i upgraded on the fly was the OS Giken GT dual plate clutch that is magic (feels like oem) compared to the 6 puck that i originally considered... Thanks to Z1 for accepting that return.

The worst part is prob the ECB-1 gauge... very high maintenance gauge and the ethanol is 5% off the mark.

Minus the serious need for a scavenge pump, the AAM kit isnt all that bad... After sorting out what paid mechanics failed to do, its working and she is good all around. The Borg Warner EFRs are fire...!

The big disappointments where in the install, local tuning attempt and also with AAM as a business. After seeing what they sent me at first, I was scared shitless at how the kit would come. But it was ok. I would never recommend their product because of their poor customer service and record keeping though.

Fixing other people's mistakes turned in to a win for me since i never fathomed pulling the motor, and I got to also make cooling upgrades i didn't think about the first time around.

I did pull some good advice from the370.com when making choices on the parts list. Some considerations were pretty straight forward while others were not ( i.e. try posting "what oil should i use - get 1001 responses, all different)

No worries now, thank goodness.