View Single Post
Old 05-09-2020, 05:18 PM   #5 (permalink)
Zyonara91
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 2010-Red-6spd-S/T
Zyonara91 has a reputation beyond reputeZyonara91 has a reputation beyond reputeZyonara91 has a reputation beyond reputeZyonara91 has a reputation beyond reputeZyonara91 has a reputation beyond reputeZyonara91 has a reputation beyond reputeZyonara91 has a reputation beyond reputeZyonara91 has a reputation beyond reputeZyonara91 has a reputation beyond reputeZyonara91 has a reputation beyond reputeZyonara91 has a reputation beyond repute

Hope you're well.

As per above, the CSC is a weak point of the car, it will fail (the factory one) and you will need to replace it. Google "Zspeed CMAK" and you will see that the replacement kit costs $489 before taxes if I recall correctly. That is just for the parts, you have to pay a mechanic to install it and it involves dropping the transmission, which is costly as well. I would ask for a slash of $2000 grand from the original price, it's only fair since you will be inheriting this issue if it has not been resolved yet.

Further more, ask when the transmission fluid was last changed, if it has not been changed, you can ask for a $100 reduction in that area as well.

There are other things this car will need, but those are extras, like an oil cooler and upgraded differential bushings, look into those and ask for further price reductions. Honestly though, I would say 9 grand all in, if he or she whines, go up another $500. The max I'd pay is $10,500.