View Single Post
Old 05-06-2020, 11:07 AM   #12 (permalink)
Whjaxn17
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 17 370Z 6MT
Whjaxn17 has a reputation beyond reputeWhjaxn17 has a reputation beyond reputeWhjaxn17 has a reputation beyond reputeWhjaxn17 has a reputation beyond reputeWhjaxn17 has a reputation beyond reputeWhjaxn17 has a reputation beyond reputeWhjaxn17 has a reputation beyond reputeWhjaxn17 has a reputation beyond reputeWhjaxn17 has a reputation beyond reputeWhjaxn17 has a reputation beyond reputeWhjaxn17 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dentt42 View Post
To the street drivers with light flywheels: what was the transition like in terms of relearning? I’m a lifelong stick shift driver, but I always worried that getting stuck in traffic or navigating parking lots would become miserable.
It takes a little bit to get used to it revving a little easier/quicker. I had an hour drive home from having mine installed and was pretty well adjusted by the time I got home, though.

Revs go up AND down faster and the car definitely felt more responsive.

I'm running the Z1 lightweight flywheel. According to my bathroom scale w/ and w/o holding the flywheel, it's 13.5lbs. I think it's listed at 15lbs. Stock is ~31lbs.

Also, if iirc, the lightweight and midweight are both single mass versus the OEM being a dual mass, which means you'll get the chatter with either, so you may as well get the most benefit possible.

Last edited by Whjaxn17; 05-07-2020 at 08:32 AM.
Whjaxn17 is offline   Reply With Quote