View Single Post
Old 05-06-2020, 07:08 AM   #10 (permalink)
austins z
Base Member

Drives: @austinhertel on IG
austins z has a reputation beyond reputeaustins z has a reputation beyond reputeaustins z has a reputation beyond reputeaustins z has a reputation beyond reputeaustins z has a reputation beyond reputeaustins z has a reputation beyond reputeaustins z has a reputation beyond reputeaustins z has a reputation beyond reputeaustins z has a reputation beyond reputeaustins z has a reputation beyond reputeaustins z has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormtroopr View Post
Hi !
From my point of view it is a direct replacement, only the color is different.

Can you try something while you are disconnecting the Gauge cluster : can you try to start the car without gauges ? I would like to remove it totally but need to know if the car can be driven without oem gauge cluster. (My Z is actually off at the shop for paint jobs)
Hey man, check out my ig: @austinhertel. Im currently in the middle of doing my dash swap with an Aim MXG. Yes the car will run and function fine without the cluster with only one issue. That issue being that the OEM cluster triggers the alternator to work. No cluster plugged in and the car will run off of the juice left by the battery until it gets low enough (around 12V) to put the car into limp mode. You have to wire in the right combo resistors to trick the ecu to think the oem cluster is there.
austins z is offline   Reply With Quote