View Single Post
Old 05-01-2020, 04:57 PM   #4716 (permalink)
redondoaveb
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2014 Nismo Gunmetal
redondoaveb has a reputation beyond reputeredondoaveb has a reputation beyond reputeredondoaveb has a reputation beyond reputeredondoaveb has a reputation beyond reputeredondoaveb has a reputation beyond reputeredondoaveb has a reputation beyond reputeredondoaveb has a reputation beyond reputeredondoaveb has a reputation beyond reputeredondoaveb has a reputation beyond reputeredondoaveb has a reputation beyond reputeredondoaveb has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty View Post
Yeah, that blade had a crack in it for a while. The dark are is an indication of that. Stress finally got to it. Be interesting to do a dye check on the impeller to see if there is other defects. I'm surprised that the volute doesn't show any damage. Wonder if any damage behind the impeller. DID you find that missing piece? Pieces can go anywhere. They can get spit out to the front. Or get grounded up and inhaled.

I'm surprised that the shaft doesn't have a nose piece over the threads of the shaft to help with air flow.
The volute does have a shallow groove in it. Obviously the fin(s) were rubbing on it. There's definitely damage inside or it wouldn't be making the loud whine. Nope, didn't find the missing piece, I'm assuming it's inside. I'm just hoping it didn't damage the gears then it might be worth rebuilding. After I get my new blower installed, I'll take this blower to vortech and have them open it up and evaluate it.
Fast Intentions "Stage Seb" twin turbo #098- Specialty Z/Tial-Xonarotor/CJM/Ecutek/HKS/KW/SPL/Hotchkis/Rohana/Toyo
700+whp