Thread: Can bus Hacking
View Single Post
Old 05-01-2020, 02:26 PM   #22 (permalink)
dts3
Track Member

Drives: 08 Expedition
dts3 has a reputation beyond reputedts3 has a reputation beyond reputedts3 has a reputation beyond reputedts3 has a reputation beyond reputedts3 has a reputation beyond reputedts3 has a reputation beyond reputedts3 has a reputation beyond reputedts3 has a reputation beyond reputedts3 has a reputation beyond reputedts3 has a reputation beyond reputedts3 has a reputation beyond repute

As you suggested I'm sure the 370z ROM format follows the 350 pretty closely. The 370 ROM is 1.5Mb versus 1.0 for the 350. Best case scenario is that it's the same format as the 350s with the HR engine, with an extra .5Mb of unused space. I'd imagine it's more different for the older 350s with the DE engine.

I have the tuner version of Uprev, so I think a good start is to look at the tables that you are allowed to edit, and compare that with what I see in the ROMs disassembly. I can then cross-reference this with what we know about the 350 ROM structure.

Phase 2 would be to make very obvious edits to a table in Uprev (eg setting all values in one table to 3, in the next table to 4, etc). I can then flash and reconstruct the ROM again to see where these known values end up. For phase 2 I'm going to eBay an ECU to do this on the bench; I don't want to do this with my own ECU. If anyone has an extra one sitting around that they can sell for cheap (or donate!) this would would be a good cause!