Thread: Can bus Hacking
View Single Post
Old 05-01-2020, 01:53 PM   #20 (permalink)
dts3
Track Member

Drives: 08 Expedition
dts3 has a reputation beyond reputedts3 has a reputation beyond reputedts3 has a reputation beyond reputedts3 has a reputation beyond reputedts3 has a reputation beyond reputedts3 has a reputation beyond reputedts3 has a reputation beyond reputedts3 has a reputation beyond reputedts3 has a reputation beyond reputedts3 has a reputation beyond reputedts3 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicVQ View Post
Wow, that is odd to me....
Are you seeing any CAN Bus activity? I would expect to see activity using service $21 or $22.

How is your CAN bus sniffer set up? Pass through or listen only?
Are your filtering out every CAN ID below 0x700? -OR- just allow -7E0 & 7E8

Since your Z is from 2017, I would be surprised that they would use the slow K-Line.
BUT maybe they are using the K-Line with the NDSIII protocol? I don't know...
I see full CAN bus activity from the vehicle on all expected IDs. I do not see any CAN activity from Uprev during logging. I DO see CAN bus activity from Uprev:
  • When starting Uprev (reading VIN and other data)
  • When dumping the ECU
  • When checking and clearing code

It's not a filtering issue because I see IDs all the way from 2, to whatever tester IDs Uprev is using (I forget all of them)

As far as reading the bus, I'm using a Vector 1610 with Vector:s CANalyzer software. I can fully interact with the bus and send arbitrary messages.

I'm not familiar with the NDSIII protocol. I have plans to reconfigure my snooping cable to allow me to listen on K-Line also.