View Single Post
Old 05-01-2020, 07:58 AM   #350 (permalink)
gbrettin
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Tricycle
gbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond repute

IG:@gbrettin

Needed a quick and easy win. Had these laying around for.... Three years. Old covers were a bit fatigued and I broke them .... Or at least that's the story I'm going with.

-----------------------------------------------

I did some work on my hood mould last night but didn't post it to IG... heh. I'll post the pictures here because I feel like torturing your eyeballs. I worked the corners of the mould and see that I can get the mould very close to OE; however, my buddy Nick and I came up with the idea to remould the corners back in. This will allow me to build up a defined lip on the mould and build up a nice transition to the flange. To implement that I will need to sand down the edges close, which that's what I am doing now anyhow. I'll prep the hood with release agent and PVA on the corners. Then I will build up around the edges with tooling gel a few times. You've seen how hard that stuff gets.

Update on the cowl plug. I'm pretty dead set on using Dave's Mustang cowl and modifying that. I ordered a few cans of 4lb density foam filler for the Sunoco cowl. What I am going to do different this time is build up a nice cardboard backer again and strap it on similar to what I did last time. What is going to be different is that I will lay the hood flat and pour smaller amounts of the 4lb density foam in. The cardboard backing will have a few relief holes. That will allow the foam to breath a bit and flow out as needed. Less tape will be abused on this cardboard backer.

Pulling the outer pillar cover was slightly disappointing. I wanted to keep the OE covers around. I was going to get a panel pulling tool... NAH, I went beast mode and pulled it straight back like an ape. I guess I'm not that disappointed. lol

Lastly, I ordered two more 4in vbands, 4 to 3in reducer and a few fragola fittings. Now if you have never ordered AN style fitting... let me be the first to tell you.... those little MF'ers can cost as much as a major component on a build when you tally up all of them. Brother vband must be related to the AN's because that is just about the same type of d1ck kick.

-- EDIT

The window stickers "the370z.com" is coming down in favor of my car sponsor "MS3Pro". Sorry the370z.com, you been good.... but I like discounted parts better.

Last edited by gbrettin; 05-01-2020 at 08:04 AM.
gbrettin is offline   Reply With Quote