Thread: CoronaVirus
View Single Post
Old 04-29-2020, 12:40 PM   #1689 (permalink)
NecioVato
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 2017 Black Nismo Z
NecioVato has a reputation beyond reputeNecioVato has a reputation beyond reputeNecioVato has a reputation beyond reputeNecioVato has a reputation beyond reputeNecioVato has a reputation beyond reputeNecioVato has a reputation beyond reputeNecioVato has a reputation beyond reputeNecioVato has a reputation beyond reputeNecioVato has a reputation beyond reputeNecioVato has a reputation beyond reputeNecioVato has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZCanadian View Post
Blame certainly does not rest on any one person's shoulders.
No question that every move comes under scrutiny, and that there is a huge difference between making important decisions regarding the future in a partial vacuum, and armchair quarterbacking them with the benefit of hindsight.

But sometimes a crisis is caused or worsened by the actions which precede it as well as by those taken to address it.

And it is in situations like these, that the true mettle of leaders is exposed.

Does it hurt to wish for a Churchill or FDR right about now?
I definitely agree, the 'experts' will have hindsight to then tell us and the Prez what they did right/wrong. But in the end, we are doing what we feel is best. For me, I just wish Trump would stop with all the tweets about 'Fighting for your liberation' and the spit balling within the conference.

Its like 'you have experts who you can turn to'; just do that and if it goes sideways - people will blame the experts, not the Prez for problem since it would only make sense to trust those that are smarter/experts. Like they say, you never WANT to be the SMARTEST man in the room when it comes to things that you are not aware of how it works etc.

As for wishing for a FDR or Churchill - yeah, that would be nice haha. To me the sad thing is that there is so much dissension and mistrust of the govt, the media etc - that we can't all get on the same page and try to be ONE nation instead of fragments and 'groups'. I swear its like we are cheering our own sports team against our hated rival -- not realizing that everything that is done affects us ALL (we're all on the same boat). Well 'off the soap box, sorry haha'; I just can't wait for this sh!t to be over with and things go back to 'somewhat normal' (whatever that is).
NecioVato is offline   Reply With Quote