Thread: CoronaVirus
View Single Post
Old 04-29-2020, 12:14 PM   #1687 (permalink)
ZCanadian
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2013 370Z
ZCanadian has a reputation beyond reputeZCanadian has a reputation beyond reputeZCanadian has a reputation beyond reputeZCanadian has a reputation beyond reputeZCanadian has a reputation beyond reputeZCanadian has a reputation beyond reputeZCanadian has a reputation beyond reputeZCanadian has a reputation beyond reputeZCanadian has a reputation beyond reputeZCanadian has a reputation beyond reputeZCanadian has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by NecioVato View Post
Personally - I don't think any Prez would be prepared to handle this. Since this virus is a 'moving target'; information is being changed by the day. To me, Trump's handlers have to keep him from talking and going off on tangents; we all see that he is trying to project leadership yet contradicts what the 'experts' are saying. The spit balling should be done within his own inner circle - not during a press conference. At this time - it's best to just let the experts talk and try to come up with a game plan about how we will open up the country.

As for opening up the country - personally I think we can't wait for a vaccine - bc projections in EU are like mid September - if we continue to just stay inside the economy will be crushed; I don't know what the answer is but I thought I saw a report that they project that 1/4 in NYC have been exposed and probably had it etc. Sweden is doing the whole 'herd mentality' and i might be wrong - but i thought our percentages were similar to theirs?
Blame certainly does not rest on any one person's shoulders.
No question that every move comes under scrutiny, and that there is a huge difference between making important decisions regarding the future in a partial vacuum, and armchair quarterbacking them with the benefit of hindsight.

But sometimes a crisis is caused or worsened by the actions which precede it as well as by those taken to address it.

And it is in situations like these, that the true mettle of leaders is exposed.

Does it hurt to wish for a Churchill or FDR right about now?
ZCanadian is offline   Reply With Quote