View Single Post
Old 02-08-2010, 01:14 PM   #25 (permalink)
SophiaZ
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2020 50th anniv 7AT
SophiaZ has a reputation beyond reputeSophiaZ has a reputation beyond reputeSophiaZ has a reputation beyond reputeSophiaZ has a reputation beyond reputeSophiaZ has a reputation beyond reputeSophiaZ has a reputation beyond reputeSophiaZ has a reputation beyond reputeSophiaZ has a reputation beyond reputeSophiaZ has a reputation beyond reputeSophiaZ has a reputation beyond reputeSophiaZ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by F.I. Inc. View Post
Since you stated that you plan on going with our exhaust system I have a recommendation. If you really want to keep a HFC of some sort but want to cut down on the hiss during deceleration here is what I recommend.

First and foremost go with our stainless steel muffler option and 18" resonators in the x pipe itself. As far as the high flow cats, ours are 300 cell just like the Berk as well as Stillen. However, we offer a resonated high flow cat that no one else does. What this does is give you a high flow cat and resonated test pipes all in one. The beauty is, they do not make any less power than our 300 cell high flow cats. The resonator is straight through perforated core and in my opinion will help cut down that hiss that you are hearing.

It is there even when the exhaust is stock and if you listen real closely you can hear it ever so faint that it is. By removing the stock cats which use higher cell count cores and thicker exterior material, you eliminate what is absorbing most of that sound. All of the HFC's on the market are less restrictive than stock and much lighter because we use thinner wall tubing. This is why this sound becomes so much prevalent.

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask...

Thank you, Tony
Thanks, Tony for all that information! But which would be better as far as the deep tone: the res. HFC or the regular HFC? I want to cut down on the hiss but I'd like a nice deep tone too if that's possible. If there isn't a way to do that than maybe I'll just deal with that hiss.
SophiaZ is offline   Reply With Quote