View Single Post
Old 04-27-2020, 04:20 PM   #3 (permalink)
BossJ
Base Member

Drives: 16 370z Nismo 6MT
BossJ is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by bunk View Post
Did you mess up your driveshaft? The bushing will wear out and pop from normal wear and tear.
Yeah, get some after market bushings and change them out instead of Nissan changing out the whole $ubframe. Its not as hard as alot of people make it out to be as long as you use the right tools and take your time (sawzall is involved and you have to be careful cutting out the bushing collar so as not to put any burrs on the subframe...ask me how I know..lol).
So this all started because I saw that burnt oil/grease on the exhaust.

The car is running perfect other than that. So then they put it up on the lift and saw the bushing and the drive shaft issues.

So I don't know of when / how / or where I would of damaged the driveshaft - the mechanic was vague about the issue - it sounded more of a let's do this to avoid other issues down the road than an immediate issue.

He said there's more oil or 'grease' on it than he'd like to see - He is afraid of it twisting / moving too much - if that makes sense?

It doesn't seem to be a 'pressing' issue but I am warrantied out on it... so I might as well do it - if it's covered.

(I bought this car used with 20k miles on it - the guy got it in 2015 and I bought it Nov 2019 - so it wasn't driven much. But this could of been an issue from the beginning. I got it from out of town - and didn't get my mechanic to look at it before the purchase.)

Thanks for the response!
2016 Pearl White 370Z Nismo (6ma) || Z1 CAI || Greddy GT X || FI Resonated Test Pipes || Ported Manifolds || Fuel Pump: aem50-1200 || 1050cc Fuel Injectors || E85 || RJM Performance Clutch || ECUTECH - SpecialtyZ (Seb)
BossJ is offline   Reply With Quote