Thread: Can bus Hacking
View Single Post
Old 04-26-2020, 01:55 PM   #14 (permalink)
dts3
Track Member

Drives: 08 Expedition
dts3 has a reputation beyond reputedts3 has a reputation beyond reputedts3 has a reputation beyond reputedts3 has a reputation beyond reputedts3 has a reputation beyond reputedts3 has a reputation beyond reputedts3 has a reputation beyond reputedts3 has a reputation beyond reputedts3 has a reputation beyond reputedts3 has a reputation beyond reputedts3 has a reputation beyond repute

I keep running this through my head about how to uncover these tables. Uprev stores the ROMs heavily encrypted on the PC, but when flashing it has to be decrypted. I wrote the software to regenate the ROM from the CAN bus log, so I'm thinking of using Uprev to give all cells in each of the tables the same constant value, and using a different value for each table. This way we can flash, recover the ROM from the CAN bus log, and look at the disassembly to find the table addresses from the eyecatcher numbers we put in. I don't want to do this with my ROM though. (I haven't flashed it yet because I am still under warranty). If I buy an ECU off eBay do you think I'd be able to flash and interact with it without having the immobilizer running?