View Single Post
Old 04-25-2020, 04:39 PM   #39 (permalink)
radensb
Base Member

Drives: 09 Nissan 370Z GM M6
radensb has a reputation beyond reputeradensb has a reputation beyond reputeradensb has a reputation beyond reputeradensb has a reputation beyond reputeradensb has a reputation beyond reputeradensb has a reputation beyond reputeradensb has a reputation beyond reputeradensb has a reputation beyond reputeradensb has a reputation beyond reputeradensb has a reputation beyond reputeradensb has a reputation beyond repute
Default eZ Navi-Delete Update

Success! I know a few of you have been interested in this and I found time to do some more debugging on this project and have been using this setup in my car for a few months now without issue. I have full control over the CAN AC system in real time without any hiccups. I was having issues with the test platform on my bench not matching the reality of the CAN bus in the car and trying to develop and debug the code in the drivers seat was miserable. So, I brought the CAN bus traffic to by bench! I wired up a connector to an Ethernet cable and ran it from my Z's dash in the garage, up into the attic, and down into my office to my bench. I could then turn the car on and scope the traffic as my board was consuming and responding to it! Within a few hours, I found the corner cases that were causing the code to hang up. I am convinced that I would have never been able to reproduce those conditions on my bench.....

Now that this is stable and working, I plan on creating a GitHub repo soon to upload the current state of the hardware and software for those interested. While the code is fully functioning as an AC controller interface, there are a few things that I want to clean up first and document future interfaces I want to add.

Check it out in action in my new stereo install!
radensb is offline   Reply With Quote