View Single Post
Old 04-24-2020, 07:01 AM   #341 (permalink)
gbrettin
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Tricycle
gbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond repute

IG @gbrettin:
Needs 1 more day of cure because it's still cold here. The lines look great, no more pin holes and no more fiberglass patterns showing in the tooling gel. The perimeter needs to be cleaned up. No worries, I have a plan!---- *Runs off and makes plan*

Starting the Sunoco cowl 370z plug. Part B of my mould. Whipples and high rams rejoice!

-----------------------------------------------------------------

The mould looks to be coming to a close pretty soon so I'm ramping up on making a plug for the cowl. All the lessons I learned from the hood will be dumped into making the sunoco style cowl. The pictures below is me just roughing a mental idea out. I could draw it on paper with proper dimensions but I don't see the point. I need to visually feel out the lines to see how they make me feel.

I'm also going to make two rough plugs. The first one will be constructed from the items you see below. The second plug will be from my buddy's Mustang cowl. In all honesty, I really like the shape of the Mustang cowl so I want to give that a test first. I purchased expanding foam from Composite Envisions. The foam can be poured into the cowl portion of the hood and then I can cut/sand the foam down. Perhaps I can get out to the shop tonight and make that foam plug.

I'm in the design phase so any and all thoughts are welcome.

Dried(ing) tooling gel

Cowl construction

gbrettin is offline   Reply With Quote