View Single Post
Old 04-23-2020, 01:04 AM   #3035 (permalink)
BettyZ
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: A Garage Queen
BettyZ has a reputation beyond reputeBettyZ has a reputation beyond reputeBettyZ has a reputation beyond reputeBettyZ has a reputation beyond reputeBettyZ has a reputation beyond reputeBettyZ has a reputation beyond reputeBettyZ has a reputation beyond reputeBettyZ has a reputation beyond reputeBettyZ has a reputation beyond reputeBettyZ has a reputation beyond reputeBettyZ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtec to vvel View Post
I do see it from both points of view, and both sides have valid points. BUT, based on the media (and I get to take this with a grain of salt), protestors are being reckless and we are moving backwards and losing ground to this virus. I'm for opening up businesses, as I will be visiting strip clubs, but, if we are not making progress with this virus, then humanity will disappear. I think both sides should come to a medium.
Thing to remember: MSM is mostly NYC-based. All the stories are about the situation in a dense-packed hyper-urban core with mass transit as the only real means of transportation. NYC does not describe Topeka, or Grand Rapids, or Pennsyltucky, or the majority of the rest of America.

Media focuses on what brings in viewers and plays to their base. Pictures of a hundred yahoos with Trump flags, plate carriers, and slung ARs outside Half-Wit's offices brings clicks. Pics of thousands of distance-abiding persons driving around in their cars protesting, doesn't.

Medium in politics became untenable as soon as MSM and social media framed the issue as Red vs.Blue, Trump supporters vs. the false god of unproven scientific theory.

We've avoided a collapse of the hospital system. Thst was the purpose of the lockdowns. Thst purpose is now moot, unless more outbreaks flare up.

Dump the decision on the free market and the People. If you don't feel safe going out, the past few weeks have proven there are plenty of services that allow you to stay fed and happy in the confines of your home. But everyone else's hopes and dreams cannot be allowed to crumble for anything but the gravest of reasons.

Last edited by BettyZ; 04-23-2020 at 01:07 AM.