View Single Post
Old 04-23-2020, 12:56 AM   #3033 (permalink)
vtec to vvel
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 13 Z
vtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty View Post

I have neighbors with zero money coming in. Been out of work since the end of Feb. Self employed. Can't get unemployment in this state. These people was making 6 figure incomes. And have the bills to match. The bills keep coming in. They can't pay them. V to V. What would you do? Try to go back to work, or let the banks take back the house and the vehicles that you worked so hard to get. Tough decision? Until you have been in their shoes. You really don't know on how it feels to tell your kids that they might have to move out of the house.
Wasn't trying to start a debate and my sincerest apologies if I offended anyone.

My inlaws have their own business also and they, too, have ZERO coming in because of this covid-19 sh!t. I am one of the fortunate few to have a job that pays, and I am helping out my inlaws as much as I can with finances. I've known my father inlaw since I was about 7, as he was my taekwondo instructor and a tough MOFO, but saw him cry for the first time last month because he was in a sticky situation to where he wasn't able to pay for the notes on his company and personal vehicles, the commercial space he has leased out, nor his mortgage.

Before the wifey was diagnosed with severe depression/anxiety this past fall, we were pulling in almost $200k/year, and we were used to a certain lifestyle. Luckily, we didn't live too far outside of our means and were big on saving, but still have our debts. Took a huge demotion and paycut at work because I started law school. The money we were saving as a down payment for a house is nearly gone and the money we had in separate savings has been gone for about a month. What we had in savings took us 10 years to build up and reduced to nearly nothing in a matter of almost 2 months

So I get it. COVID-19 or not, bills are coming in and have to be paid and we still have to eat. I just wish there was a plan to come to a medium compromise to where businesses are opening back up responsibly and where the virus itself is declining. Even with businesses opening back up, I don't think people are comfortable to just going back to pre-covid-19 times.