View Single Post
Old 04-22-2020, 03:32 PM   #2947 (permalink)
asht
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 2010 370z Roadster
asht has a reputation beyond reputeasht has a reputation beyond reputeasht has a reputation beyond reputeasht has a reputation beyond reputeasht has a reputation beyond reputeasht has a reputation beyond reputeasht has a reputation beyond reputeasht has a reputation beyond reputeasht has a reputation beyond reputeasht has a reputation beyond reputeasht has a reputation beyond repute

My Z32 has been off the road for nearly 10 years. Never got around to seriously working on it. Between them, I completely modified an S13 - spent far too much on it and it cost me a relationship (every cloud has a silver lining - lucky escape that one)
Bought a Mercedes CLK which I have to say, the Germans know how to make a comfortable high miler
And then Olive my Z34 Roadster

So today I set about detailing the Z32 interior.

I got into detailing with a bit of OCD after watching Larry Kosilla’s AmmoNYC videos and Chemical Boys, so it took me a day to remove a decade worth of Junk from just the rear seats, trim and foot wells. Probably hit the seats 4 times with leather cleaner before starting on the carpets which had come and beer stains on them and whatever else happened in the previous years (not that. I like a flexible girl but rear seats in a Z32 are impossible)

Got most of the junk up with a vacuum (Numark Henry - they use them in hotels) then proceeded to get the carpets warm and moist (just how I like them) with a steam cleaner before attacking them with VAX carpet shampoo and a good old wooden scrubbing brush.

Holy crap. The carpets went from looking like they were destined for the junkyard to looking like they had just come from the showroom.

Back to the leather seats. Years ago before I had it, someone had tried to dye the cracks in the leather with a dye that didn’t match and it looked patchy, so I attacked the seats with the steam cleaner (mop covered in microfibre towel) and the junk really started to lift out the leather. Another clean with Poorboys Leather cleaner and the dye had gone and the cracks had faded probably because most of the colour had come from decades old dirt. Then used some Sheraton Leather Balsam and once that has really set in going to use a carnauba / bees wax blend leather conditioner / moisturiser. The cracks have already disappeared. I’ll get some pics tomorrow.

The best bit, found my steam cleaner has a pin hole attachment so I can into the switches etc.

It’s stunning what you can do with a bit of time - which is what most of us have at the moment.

Front seats tomorrow and then I’m going to figure out how to convert it to a double din CarPlay unit

Oh and I might attack the carpets again with the Dyson, because we all know dyson’s continue sucking like Dutch hookers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk