Thread: CoronaVirus
View Single Post
Old 04-22-2020, 08:48 AM   #1590 (permalink)
JARblue
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 11 Z34, 98 E36 M3
JARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by FL 4Motion View Post
Fair point about Italy, kinda of was a perfect storm with their population.

I still think we’re going to be looking at around 1% - 2% mortality rate when we finally get good numbers at some point. It’s bad, but it’s still not Ebola bad, if it were, half of us here would be dead by now.

Nevertheless, it’s serious and it’s social disruption factor is off the charts. That aspect may not calm down until there’s a vaccine or everyone just gets used to it, fear of the unknown has def played a big role in this as well.
To be fair, other locations are quickly approaching Italy's rates, which isn't a good sign. Look at Spain and UK and France now. New York is right there, too. I'm not suggesting it won't get that bad. It is early. Who knows where we go from here. That was my main point - we don't really have enough information to make any solid judgments yet. Next summer, I expect we'll have a pretty good understanding of what the virus was doing right now lol.

I was just saying I won't be surprised if the mortality rates are inflated because so many people get infected that aren't ever tested. Testing as many people as possible and research for treatment are the critical things right now. No point in even talking about statistics, frankly. We know they are bad and that's all we need to know right now.

2011 370Z 6MT Sport Gun Metallic | ARC | CJM | Ecutek | FI | Fujimura | R2C | SPL | Stillen | TWM | Z1 | ZSpeed |
JARblue is offline   Reply With Quote