Thread: CoronaVirus
View Single Post
Old 04-21-2020, 11:54 AM   #1568 (permalink)
cossie1600
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370, Leaf
cossie1600 has a reputation beyond reputecossie1600 has a reputation beyond reputecossie1600 has a reputation beyond reputecossie1600 has a reputation beyond reputecossie1600 has a reputation beyond reputecossie1600 has a reputation beyond reputecossie1600 has a reputation beyond reputecossie1600 has a reputation beyond reputecossie1600 has a reputation beyond reputecossie1600 has a reputation beyond reputecossie1600 has a reputation beyond repute

No one knows what the true rate is, but forget about the mortality rate. If we talk about the infected rate, say even 2% or 3%, that's already a lot of people, especially in the span of two months.

Quote:
Originally Posted by asht View Post
A number of us have started questioning the official figures being published by individual countries and I have to agree somewhat.
I already told you unemployment is available for contract workers. The only ones that can't are under the table people or illegal immigrants. You still haven't answer my question. Even if we didn't go into lockdown and at the rate of the infection, how many people will lose their job anyway and possibly get sick. I already told you most companies are not going to keep their doors open when employees drop like flies. They don't have big enough pockets to pay for their sick leave or the deductible for STD or LTD. STD and LTD are not full pay either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spooler View Post
LOL, do you think for one minute that folks who struggle from paycheck to paycheck have a 401k? If you can't file for unemployment, how are you going to collect the Cares act money?

Everybody looks back at the Spanish Flue outbreak for comparison in 1917. Do you remember what came next in the 1920's? It was the Great Depression.
I filed unemployment in CT. There are programs to avoid immediate problem. Tons of people already elected rent/mortgage deferrals. The whole idea is to ride this out and hope to go back to work once everything is more controlled.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty View Post
What state you live in? Unemployment here here is $600 max rate for 26 weeks. Most won't make that. Toss the gov't money on top of that. How is that going to replace the money that some are 6 figure incomes? That's over $10,000 a month. When your standard of living was based on that income. You have bills to match. The house, cars, kids college, etc.
The study got tore down by many experts. There were many holes in that article, but I will give you one that irks me the most. The test kit used was marketed by a Minnesota company, but it was manufactured and sold by a Chinese company. It had one of the least accurate result of any test on the market. There was also problem with the population not random and people behind it had agendas to push.

https://www.mercurynews.com/2020/04/...ll-an-apology/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty View Post
A new study from Stanford Uni. A lot more have the virus then thought.

https://www.foxnews.com/health/coron...ounty-infected
cossie1600 is offline   Reply With Quote