Thread: CoronaVirus
View Single Post
Old 04-20-2020, 10:23 PM   #1540 (permalink)
cossie1600
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370, Leaf
cossie1600 has a reputation beyond reputecossie1600 has a reputation beyond reputecossie1600 has a reputation beyond reputecossie1600 has a reputation beyond reputecossie1600 has a reputation beyond reputecossie1600 has a reputation beyond reputecossie1600 has a reputation beyond reputecossie1600 has a reputation beyond reputecossie1600 has a reputation beyond reputecossie1600 has a reputation beyond reputecossie1600 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty View Post
I agree.

Before anyone else chims in. If you ain't losing your house or close to it. SHFU! You have no clue. People WANT to go back to work. LET them. Barrel of oil hit 1 cent for a barrel of West Texas crude today. Do any of you know how people just lost their jobs over that? It's going to take years, if not decades to get back where we was.
You cant say that without explaining what would happen after 5% of the population get sick. Restaurants will Slowly close down, factories will close. You get a month worth of extra pay and then you have to shut down? You could argue we can do it like Taiwan and Korea where people work with gloves and masks, except China took all the supplies and we outsourced everything.

I am supporting my laid off parents and paying my nanny, so yes I am getting dragged into it too.

I was in HR/Payroll in my previous role. If your company isn't a cash rich corporation, 5% of your workforce calling out sick will pretty much force you to close the company. Remember most insurance require the employer to pay for some days before STD kicks in. Since the virus has a Ro rate of higher than 1, the more employees you have infected, the more they spread to other employees. You are going to run out of money from just sick pays alone. God forbid they file a lawsuit against for wrongful death, you are going to be f-ed.

Last edited by cossie1600; 04-20-2020 at 10:38 PM.
cossie1600 is offline   Reply With Quote