View Single Post
Old 04-20-2020, 09:15 PM   #4 (permalink)
ZCanadian
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2013 370Z
ZCanadian has a reputation beyond reputeZCanadian has a reputation beyond reputeZCanadian has a reputation beyond reputeZCanadian has a reputation beyond reputeZCanadian has a reputation beyond reputeZCanadian has a reputation beyond reputeZCanadian has a reputation beyond reputeZCanadian has a reputation beyond reputeZCanadian has a reputation beyond reputeZCanadian has a reputation beyond reputeZCanadian has a reputation beyond repute

I don’t own one, have only ever driven one briefly, but know others who do (real people and avatars).

The cost of ownership is the big drawback. Research on ferarrichat will help you figure out which models to avoid. But suffice it to say that maintenance is not cheap. If you ever want to recoup your investment, you will want to provide documented service history and OEM parts. You will take a price hit on resale if you DIY’d the work. You may not care, but circumstances can change. Insurance isn’t cheap either, and parts can be an issue. Not every Speedy Auto Glass carries a windshield for an F12!

The other thing is that some cars are garage queens only because of the depreciation from driving them. That should’t be, and most don’t feel that way when buying it, but they get struck with the notion after signing the cheque.

Also, in some regions, you may not feel comfortable parking it out of sight (such as at a restaurant).

Finally, these are cars that you’ll find it hard to get out of 3rd gear without losing your license.

That said, there can’t be much nicer than cruising in your Ferrari. I’d love to do, but it’s just out of reach.

I went with a 4C instead. Can drive it all day for cheap, and it still makes each trip an event. Looks amazing too. Probably won’t satisfy your itch, but I hope that you get a chance to give your favourite car a try. Life, as we are finding out now, is short.
ZCanadian is offline   Reply With Quote