Thread: CoronaVirus
View Single Post
Old 04-20-2020, 06:06 PM   #3 (permalink)
ZCanadian
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2013 370Z
ZCanadian has a reputation beyond reputeZCanadian has a reputation beyond reputeZCanadian has a reputation beyond reputeZCanadian has a reputation beyond reputeZCanadian has a reputation beyond reputeZCanadian has a reputation beyond reputeZCanadian has a reputation beyond reputeZCanadian has a reputation beyond reputeZCanadian has a reputation beyond reputeZCanadian has a reputation beyond reputeZCanadian has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by cossie1600 View Post
Oh yeah, I am not saying the general rate. I am simply saying the virus is not racist, it will hit every human. The older male demo do seem to be hit the hardest, so boomers, watch out.

The nursing part is sad. My boss' mom is in assisted living, which is close to a nursing home. I asked if they were put in a lockdown, she said you just have to sign a waiver to check her in and out. I am like what if my boss was a carrier and she gave it to her mom. Her mom can wipe the entire population out! Do they not know you can be a carrier without symptoms.
It's bizarre.
My father is in a home, in his 90's with Parkinson's. I live that fear.

They locked down 3+ weeks ago (and screened for a couple of weeks before that, but the screening was not useful). And the government has changed rules so that the staff cannot move from home to home anymore. As we haven't seen the surge in hospitalizations expected (yet), they have diverted medical staff to help at homes (as where you are, elective surgeries have been cancelled, freeing up nurses).

So far no cases in his nursing home, but 29 others in my province do, with lots of dead. Still, the management has sent a letter home that basically says "prepare for the worst". Treatment of the elderly and frail is not effective, and hospitals have said that they will refuse nursing home transfers if they are under strain. So far, that hasn't happened here either. Fingers crossed.
ZCanadian is offline   Reply With Quote