View Single Post
Old 04-18-2020, 02:58 PM   #12 (permalink)
BettyZ
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: A Garage Queen
BettyZ has a reputation beyond reputeBettyZ has a reputation beyond reputeBettyZ has a reputation beyond reputeBettyZ has a reputation beyond reputeBettyZ has a reputation beyond reputeBettyZ has a reputation beyond reputeBettyZ has a reputation beyond reputeBettyZ has a reputation beyond reputeBettyZ has a reputation beyond reputeBettyZ has a reputation beyond reputeBettyZ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber370 View Post
It does look impressive. But I am worried about that tongue and groove design between the access panel and the rest of the shroud. I would be worried about eventual looseness and rattling. Have you noticed any issues?
Their design is the same as TBW's 350Z design. Had two of them for my 350Z for 250K miles. No rattle issues so long as they're fastened tightly. If you have rattle you could line the connecting edges with speaker foam.

Only concern I have with a 2-piece design is that if you make contact with something like a blown out truck tire on the interstate, the impact will bend the plates and they wont align perfectly. Then, much later, when you run over a dead possum, the bent plate will bend more, make contact with the road, grind itself to fiery oblivion, and you'll need to break the radiator core support to remove it when you're on the side of a rural highway in buttfvck Nebraska.

Oddly specific, I know...

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Last edited by BettyZ; 04-18-2020 at 03:01 PM.
BettyZ is offline   Reply With Quote