View Single Post
Old 04-18-2020, 10:42 AM   #1 (permalink)
1/4atatime
Base Member

Drives: Silver 2018 370z
1/4atatime has a reputation beyond repute1/4atatime has a reputation beyond repute1/4atatime has a reputation beyond repute1/4atatime has a reputation beyond repute1/4atatime has a reputation beyond repute1/4atatime has a reputation beyond repute1/4atatime has a reputation beyond repute1/4atatime has a reputation beyond repute1/4atatime has a reputation beyond repute1/4atatime has a reputation beyond repute1/4atatime has a reputation beyond repute
Default 1/4atatime's build journey

So I've had my car for about 6 months now and I figured this quarantine would give me time to document everything about my car. So a backstory (you can skip if you want it's a long story) of my username, what got me into cars, and why I chose the Z. When I was really young I was staying at a hotel across from a movie theater on the night of the release of tokyo drift. All these cars showed up to the movie theater and for 30 solid minutes I just watched cars pile into the parking lot one after another after another. I had never seen so many cars in my life and being a young little kid I was amazed. I ask my dad why are all these cool cars at the movies so late at night. He told me they were showing a midnight release of tokyo drift which was a movie in series that was extremely popular with car enthusiast. From that night on I loved cars and years later when I got a little older I watched that movie and for some reason the 350z caught my eye it was some how this aggressive machine that could be so graceful sliding around turns and from then on I had to have a Z. Fast forward to my first job out of college I have an amazing job and financial stability so I decided it's time to buy me a sports car. So I started looking and test driving. I test drove lots of different cars but I knew I wanted the Z even if it is outdated and underpowered compared to stuff out now. The car had something I felt every other car lacked a soul. The first time I got in it and mashed the throttle I had a smile a mile wide. A few months go by and I find one a guy is getting rid of it to buy something else and it's in fantastic condition. Less than 10k miles, one owner, regular maintenance, 10 year 120k mile extended warranty, great condition, only issue was some curb rash on the wheel. I bought it and took it home on November 16th 2019

Current mods:
Dash cam
Weathertech FloorLiner
LED light swap
JDM Fairlady Z Reverse Fog Light
GTR start button
Ceramic Coating
Motordyne Exhaust
Raceseng Shift knob
Fast Intentions RHFC (Resonated High Flow Cat)
34 row Z1 oil cooler with thermostatic plate and Setrab core
Michelin Pilot Sport 4S 245 front 275 rear
Race Ramps

Parts I need to install:
SPL front sway bar end links
Z1 Subframe bushing collars

Parts I am waiting on:
Hotchkis front sway bar
DSG Special Limited Edition Fortune Auto Generation 7 500 Series Coilover (12k front/ 6k rear/ true rear type)

Parts I need to buy:
Rest of the SPL stuff
SOHO intake
Catch cans
Tune
Carbon fiber steering wheel
Workshop 12 tablet radio kit

Parts I want to buy:
Powertrix mine's spoiler add on replica (carbon fiber)
Craftsquare TCA-RF Lightweight Racing Mirrors
Carbon fiber stuff (kickplates, door handles, carbon fiber wrapped radio kit, interior trim pieces, hood, engine cover, splitter, side skirts, strut tower brace etc)
78Works headlights/tailights
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20191116_103647.jpg (776.4 KB, 18 views)
File Type: jpg 20191116_160433.jpg (878.8 KB, 15 views)

Did any of my post help you or just feeling nice?Give Rep|Add me to your friends list|View My Build "The real you is who you are when ain't nobody watchin" - NF

Last edited by 1/4atatime; 04-25-2020 at 05:10 PM.
1/4atatime is offline   Reply With Quote