View Single Post
Old 04-17-2020, 12:07 PM   #332 (permalink)
gbrettin
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Tricycle
gbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by madwi View Post
Thats exactly it what im talking about, final polish was the tp. I could never do it, about an hour in and I said f this and went back to my machine. Made me appreciate them that much more and always tried to get the best machined finish to start with to save time. Ran a few extra cycles in the EDM machines crisping up the sharp corners and blending in transitions.
We made the molds for inifinty, honda and others. If you ever notice the seatbelt latch covers in a viper; I made the electrodes and burned the snake's face into the mold.

Your mold looks awesome and that cowl doesnt seem like its gonna be fun to mess with.
The cowl will have its own challenges of getting the left and right side mirrored, but I know I can nail the gel coat process on it. That will cut 90% of the repair work out.

I'm really considering moulding some vents into the cowl as well, so that engine bay air pressure can get out too.

On my hood, I really need a small duckbill to divert air up over the windscreen which would take care of a high pressure area that builds up at the center base. I forgot where I saw that particular 3d rendering of pressure zones on this site. The duckbill/diverter really should have been baked into the hood mould but I guess that can be a challenge for a different day. There are too many spinning plates as is.
gbrettin is offline   Reply With Quote