View Single Post
Old 04-16-2020, 11:29 PM   #1082 (permalink)
Anirak
Base Member

Drives: 2015 370z Nismo
Anirak has a reputation beyond reputeAnirak has a reputation beyond reputeAnirak has a reputation beyond reputeAnirak has a reputation beyond reputeAnirak has a reputation beyond reputeAnirak has a reputation beyond reputeAnirak has a reputation beyond reputeAnirak has a reputation beyond reputeAnirak has a reputation beyond reputeAnirak has a reputation beyond reputeAnirak has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomer_110 View Post
How deep down the rabbit hole do actually plan on going? BSP is not a cheap class to play in with a 370z. Also starting your autox experience in BSP could be very disappointing as many rookies find out they are bringing the proverbial knife to a gun fight.

As for a list of mods for a nationally competitive BSP build, here's a mostly complete list:

Interior
Bride Vios III seats and mounting hardware, Schroth 6-point harnesses, Robispec harness bar, Radio delete

Exterior
Factory Nismo spoiler delete, Custom rear spoiler to extent of class rules, Front fascia conversion to ‘15+ Nismo fascia with DRL delete, Front fenders trimmed for tire clearance, Custom front splitter to extent of class rules

Drivetrain
Cusco 1.5-way LSD, Nismo finned diff cover, Exedy clutch and lightweight flywheel, RJM adjustable clutch pedal, Tilton clutch master cylinder, ZSpeed clutch slave cylinder relocation kit, Z1 Motorsports poly transmission mount, Whiteline differential mount bushings

Air Induction
Stillen Gen 3 cold air intakes, Motordyne M370 intake manifold

Exhaust
Fast Intentions long tube headers, Fast Intentions cat back exhaust

Engine
UpRev ECU tuning, Z1 Motorsports poly motor mounts, Air conditioning delete, Odyssey lightweight battery

Cooling
Z1 Motorsports 34 row oil cooler, Z1 Motorsports power steering fluid cooler, CSF radiator

Brakes
Ferodo DS2500 brake pads, Z1 Motorsports 2-piece brake rotors (front and rear)

Suspension
AST 5200 series shocks, 1350 lb/in front springs and 900 lb/in rear springs, SPC front upper control arms, SPL rear camber arms (modified for rules compliance), SPL rear mid-links (modified for rules compliance), Hotchkis front sway bar, Rear sway bar removed

Wheels
Forgestar F14 wheels, 18x12 front and rear, Hoosier A7 tires (335/30-18)
Volk TE37sl’s, 18x10 front 18x11 rear, Hoosier H2O wet tires (305/30-18)

Not saying you need every single thing on the list or even the exact brand of part listed. Just trying to give you an idea of what goes into an almost full tilt national level BSP build. Major items you'll want to start with are suspension, aero, clutch type LSD, and the Hoosiers (atleast 315's).

For the exact rules allowances I'd recommend you take a look at the SCCA's website where you'll find the rule book.

Best recommendation for your first event/season is show up, run what you brung, and focus on your driving and worry about the mods once get a feel for where you really want to take your autoxing.

Also, if you like having a "nice" looking car, BSP may not be the right class for you.

My BSP car in its current form.

Thanks for the info really gave me an idea of what to be looking into. As of now I’m working on getting some 18s wrapped in 265s in the front and 305s in the rear, an oil cooler, z1 aluminum motor mounts, z1 solid diff bushings, and an aluminum undershroud to replace the old torn up oem one. I’ve spent a few days looking over the SCCA solo rule book now and from what I understand my car can only legally compete in BSP with the mods I have so far. As for how far down the rabbit hole I’m planning on going I’m hoping on using autocross and time trails to get all the experience I can about working 370Zs and also to get to know some of the local garages and teams that compete since I’m hoping on working in the industry after graduating.
Anirak is offline   Reply With Quote