Thread: CoronaVirus
View Single Post
Old 04-16-2020, 03:40 PM   #1442 (permalink)
ZCanadian
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2013 370Z
ZCanadian has a reputation beyond reputeZCanadian has a reputation beyond reputeZCanadian has a reputation beyond reputeZCanadian has a reputation beyond reputeZCanadian has a reputation beyond reputeZCanadian has a reputation beyond reputeZCanadian has a reputation beyond reputeZCanadian has a reputation beyond reputeZCanadian has a reputation beyond reputeZCanadian has a reputation beyond reputeZCanadian has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty View Post
Have you ever watched Max Headroom Show? It was a tv show back in the day. It dealt with tv news in the future. That show is holding true to today's news. In the show, the news only cared about rating. With high rating, came big money. Which is what today's news is doing. They are hoping that the more shocking the lead story is. The more viewers they will get. The higher the rating. The more money they can charge for ads. It's all about money.
I vaguely recall Max. Most of my life was spent in the country, and I don't think we got the channel. Yup, I'm a hick.

But The Newsroom was a great wakeup call to what journalism could/should/would be if and when it grows up. Yes, it had a bit of a left-leaning undercurrent, but it kicked the current model of news network in the chops.

I know it is fiction, but don't you wish you could hear this when you turn on the TV tonight?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n0Justt93iU
ZCanadian is offline   Reply With Quote