Thread: Cylinder heads
View Single Post
Old 04-16-2020, 01:53 PM   #7 (permalink)
INFmstrTech
Base Member

Drives: 08coupe, 07sedan
INFmstrTech has a reputation beyond reputeINFmstrTech has a reputation beyond reputeINFmstrTech has a reputation beyond reputeINFmstrTech has a reputation beyond reputeINFmstrTech has a reputation beyond reputeINFmstrTech has a reputation beyond reputeINFmstrTech has a reputation beyond reputeINFmstrTech has a reputation beyond reputeINFmstrTech has a reputation beyond reputeINFmstrTech has a reputation beyond reputeINFmstrTech has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by scroupious View Post
I just picked up my cylinder heads from the machine shop. Had to replace mine because the cam journals were real bad.
Any how the did a great job! My question is the took the entire rocker cradle apart and cleaned ever thing before they set all the valves.
Do I need to worry about it now since the manual says not to remove the black bolts?

Very reputable shop that specializes in cylinder heads.
To be honest I wouldn’t worry. I’ve purposely have done this to see what happened-nothing abnormal. Now here’s why, the black bolts circled in yellow essentially just hold the driveshaft-yes this what it’s called.. to the VVEL ladder, the black nut looking things are actually a point of adjustment for the intake valves controlling the actual lift of the valve (each nut controls 2 valves) think of it as a Throttle position adjustment screw-slight amounts can make big changes, they are set at the factory. If the valves were set correctly when the heads were put back together then I wouldn’t bat an eye about it. They probably marked where the nut was set before disassembly.
P.S. I also have the JWT C2 cams.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2E4E3381-2B1D-42DC-A0DF-34ADE2FFAA76.jpg (285.5 KB, 28 views)