View Single Post
Old 02-07-2010, 11:29 PM   #25 (permalink)
kannibul
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370z Touring/Sport
kannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sibze View Post
OK WOW WOW WOW WOW

Is that not what I said??? Because thats what I meant...

93 would burn cleaner IE be better for the engine... 91 WILL GIVE YOU BETTER performance...

No????
No. 93 would not burn cleaner. It would burn less efficiently. However, with the variance in fuels being delivered to a given gas station it would give you more "wiggle room" before it would trip off the knock sensor, which would be even less efficient.

With 93 octane, you could be wasting a minute percentage of unburned fuel out your exhaust. For the most part, I would say negligable, but, you're referring to what percentage of the fuel is "octane" vs "heptane" - 91 octane is 91% octane, 9% heptane. 87 octane is 13% heptane, 87% octane.

Over 100%, it's based on some other method, and they use something otherthan octane to get it there, obviously, since you have have 101% (or higher) octane.
kannibul is offline   Reply With Quote