View Single Post
Old 04-14-2020, 07:22 PM   #42 (permalink)
rayZinbrand
Base Member

Drives: VR30 6 Spd 370z
rayZinbrand has a reputation beyond reputerayZinbrand has a reputation beyond reputerayZinbrand has a reputation beyond reputerayZinbrand has a reputation beyond reputerayZinbrand has a reputation beyond reputerayZinbrand has a reputation beyond reputerayZinbrand has a reputation beyond reputerayZinbrand has a reputation beyond reputerayZinbrand has a reputation beyond reputerayZinbrand has a reputation beyond reputerayZinbrand has a reputation beyond repute

Ok, so I’m going to ignore us being stupid and having to go back in to take out the auto pilot bearing (thanks YT comment section ��) ��.

I went with the JWT flywheel that allows the VR30DDTT to work with the factory z34 manual transmission. That’s all simple and it bolted up to my Z1 pressure plate and full face clutch (going to upgrade). You’re going to have to use the T55 bolts that come off a VHR motor to make it work as the ones on the VR are WAYYY too short.

The gritty part is making the crankshaft position sensor work with the Z34 manual trans. I can’t remember the exact measurements but it was about an inch or two from the top bolts, the one on the right. You’re going to have to cut around there to make it work. I know I’m wording it poorly and took detailed pictures to make sure it makes sense. It was easy and took maybe 10 minutes with the right tools. No biggie.

Now, most importantly, one more thing I wanted to confirm was if I had to get a custom drive shaft since the motor might’ve moved back the trans just a tad. So far so good and the trans mounted perfect in the OEM position and the driveshaft should fit just fine. I will confirm it this week and take pictures to share with you guys.

Overall I’m standing by my words saying that this swap so far has been incredible and everything is seating mostly OEM. The next step is going back in the fix the pilot bearing and then I will be putting on my idlers, belt and mocking up the intakes/heat exchanger. I appreciate everyone who has been following up so far and giving the blunt feedback. You guys have been great and hoping I’m giving enough detail as I post. ��

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/7inzRMK"><a href="//imgur.com/a/7inzRMK"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
rayZinbrand is offline   Reply With Quote