View Single Post
Old 04-13-2020, 02:42 PM   #1 (permalink)
BlackCherry Z
Base Member

Drives: 2016 370Z BC A7
BlackCherry Z is on a distinguished road
Default Automatic Climate Control maintenance

Well just as the title states, I have found out that my climate control in my 2016 Z seems to incorrectly function even after 8 return trips to Nissan and over 1,000.00 in warranty replacement electronics parts.

Well over 1 year after giving up since the next step Nissan was proposing was to replace my entire dash assy. I did not want to do that and was still able to get heat & cold air conditioning, just not in the automatic mode at various times/temperature conditions outside I finally found the solution on my own.

It was as simple as a "really dirty" Cabin Air Filter needing replacement. Nissan was NOT even aware of a filter being installed until I mentioned that back then but they stated this would NOT cause Climate Control malfunctions as indicated via Nissan Tech Support Group.

This weekend I decided to replace the filter since it was WAY over due!!!!

Guess What...... The climate control system now works as it did when the car was brand new once again.... Yahoo!!!!! I really wish Nissan would have listened to my request to replace this under warranty while troubleshooting my issue.

Anyways, I truly had a totally clogged up filter which contributed to the issue. Hope this information may help others having similar issues out there!!!!!!

Maybe I should posted this in the cabin filter replacement DIY section.....
BlackCherry Z is offline   Reply With Quote